Overview The ability to analyze, interpret and understand financial information is essential for successful management and leadership in challenging as well as normal times irrespective of the role any manager plays
The ability to analyze, interpret and understand financial information is essential for successful management and leadership in challenging as well as normal times irrespective of the role any manager plays in the organization. For many managers, their organisation’s financial statements remain a mystery and this can unduly limit their ability to take strategic decisions that deliver value.
This highly interactive course has been designed to equip participants with a clear understanding of key finance concepts and related terminology. They will also learn how to interpret financial statements including the relationship among the various financial reports and associated ratios among others.
In addition, managers will gain knowledge in identifying early warning signals, a skill that is greatly required in the new normal.
At the end of the programme, participants will:
• Understand Finance and Accounting Terminologies.
• Gain a deeper insights to Accounting Standards.
• Learn the similarities and differences between Audited and Management Accounts.
• Understand the nature/structure of Financial Statements as well as analyse, understand and apply them for greater effectiveness in decision making.
• Appreciate the role of financial information in managing performance and its connection with organization strategy.
• Learn how to determine a fair and accurate representation of organisation’s financial position.
• Definitions & Legal/Regulatory Framework
• The Case for Financial Literacy
• Accounting Standards
• Audited Accounts
• Management Accounts
• The Financial Statements
• Analysing Company Performance
• The Operating Budget
• Financial Misstatement & Fraud
• The Statutory Auditor
Fees: 70,000 (on-site) 25,000 (online – 7 hours per day)
Dates: 9th – 10th February, 13th – 14th April, 8th – 9th June, 10th – 11th August, 12th – 13th October, 7th – 8th December
9 (Tuesday) 9:00 am - 10 (Wednesday) 3:00 pm