OBJECTIVES: At the end of the programme, participants will: Be able to understand the pitfalls in various writing styles and identify an effective style for each communication need. Know how to be creative
At the end of the programme, participants will:
- Be able to understand the pitfalls in various writing styles and identify an effective style for each communication need.
- Know how to be creative in writing major documents for presentation.
- Determine the effective ways of structuring presentations to engender expected action by positively influencing others.
- Understand weak areas in written and oral communication and correct such
FOR WHOM: The seminar is designed for all staff involved in business writing and/or making business presentations. The delivery will be modified to suit the needs of each group.
UNIT ONE – DEVELOPING WRITING SKILLS
- Understanding forms of communication and relevance of writing
- Developing appropriate writing style
- Overcoming writing inertia
- Writing internal correspondences
- External correspondence, (layout, structuring and clarity)
- Writing effective proposals
UNIT TWO – PRESENTATION SKILLS
- Preparing for presentations
- Structuring a presentation
- Delivery – content and timing
- Handling difficult people during presentation
- Effective voice usage, pitch, pause and pace
- Use of visual aids
- Relating effectively to the audience
Fees: 70,000 (on-site), 25,000 (online – 7 hours per day)
Dates: 29th – 30th March, 2021
march 29 (Monday) - 30 (Tuesday)